Legislative Offices ♦ 620 State Street, 6th Floor, Schenectady, NY 12305 ♦ 518-388-4280 ♦ 518-388-4591 (fax)
Anthony Jasenski, Sr., Chairman of the Legislature ♦ Geoff Hall, Clerk of the Legislature
Schenectady County Government is comprised of an elected legislative body composed of 15 representatives elected to four-year terms from four distinct districts.
The districts include:
- District 1: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 2: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 3: Towns of Glenville and Niskayuna, and the Village of Scotia 5 Elected Legislators
- District 4: Towns of Duanesburg, Princetown, and Rotterdam, and the Village of Delanson 4 Elected Legislators
The County Legislature determines all policy for the County and adopts and enacts resolutions and local laws necessary for the operation of County Government.
The County Legislature holds a bi-annual organizational meeting where they elected a Chair and Vice-Chair from their membership. The Chair of the Legislature is the chief elected official for the County.
2019 Program Budget TENTATIVE
News & Announcements
- Schenectady County Residents Recycle More Than 99,000 Pounds of Hazardous Material during Successful 2018 Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Program
- Schenectady County Announces the 2019-2020 County Initiative Arts and Tourism Grant Program
- Schenectady County and Discover Schenectady Hosts First Annual Nearly New Year’s Eve Celebration and Laser Light Show on Saturday, December 29th
- Schenectady County Accepting Applications for 2019 Schenectady County Older New Yorker of the Year