Legislative Offices ♦ 620 State Street, 6th Floor, Schenectady, NY 12305 ♦ 518-388-4280 ♦ 518-388-4591 (fax)
Anthony Jasenski, Sr., Chairman of the Legislature ♦ Geoff Hall, Clerk of the Legislature
Schenectady County Government is comprised of an elected legislative body composed of 15 representatives elected to four-year terms from four distinct districts.
The districts include:
- District 1: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 2: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 3: Towns of Glenville and Niskayuna, and the Village of Scotia 5 Elected Legislators
- District 4: Towns of Duanesburg, Princetown, and Rotterdam, and the Village of Delanson 4 Elected Legislators
The County Legislature determines all policy for the County and adopts and enacts resolutions and local laws necessary for the operation of County Government.
The County Legislature holds a bi-annual organizational meeting where they elected a Chair and Vice-Chair from their membership. The Chair of the Legislature is the chief elected official for the County.
2019 Program Budget TENTATIVE
News & Announcements
- Schenectady County Legislature Announces Selection of Recipients for the Schenectady County Initiative Arts & Tourism Grant Program
- Schenectady County Legislature Names County Library System Central Branch for Hon. Karen B. Johnson
- Schenectady County Announces 2019 FREE Rabies Clinic Dates for County Residents. First date is March 9, 2019
- New Homeowner Picks up Keys and Title to Renovated Home in Rotterdam. Former Zombie Property Is Renovated and Sold