News & Announcements
Affirmative Action Office to hold Police Officer Exam Information Session on September 9, 2016
The Affirmative Action Office will be holding a Police Officer Exam Information session on Friday, September 9, 2016 at 6:00PM at the New Day Christian Empowerment Center, 1259 Chrisler Avenue, Schenectady, NY 12303. For more information email PoliceExam@SchenectadyCounty.com
Schenectady County envisions a workforce that mirrors the larger community and reflects our rich diversity of people and cultures.
To achieve this goal, Schenectady County strongly endorses the use of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action mechanisms to ensure equal opportunities for all employees, job applicants, and contract vendors.
It is the policy of Schenectady County to:
- Fully comply with all Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws, rules, regulations and definitive court decisions;
- Guarantee County programs are accessible to all as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Prohibit sexual, racial, national origin, and other unlawful discrimination in employment; and
- Promote the full realization of equal opportunity for the County as a whole and each constituent department within the County.
The Schenectady County Office of Affirmative Action has been established to implement and enforce the County Affirmative Action Plan that will:
- Engage in personnel practices and policies that result in the County government workforce reflecting the demographic diversity of the County;
- Actively recruit members of protected classes for County employment; and
- Strongly enforce Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines in vendor contracts.
Click here to view Schenectady County’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement in PDF format.