NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Correction Officer Exam Preparation Workshop to be held March 19th
There will be an Exam Preparation Workshop for the Entry-Level Correction Officer Exam held on Saturday, March 19, 2016 from 10AM until 12NOON
at the SCCC Stockade Building, Room 106. The workshop is designed to provide participants with important test taking strategies.RSVP to AffirmativeAction@SchenectadyCounty.com.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to attend.
Schenectady County envisions a workforce that mirrors the larger community and reflects our rich diversity of people and cultures.
To achieve this goal, Schenectady County strongly endorses the use of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action mechanisms to ensure equal opportunities for all employees, job applicants, and contract vendors.
It is the policy of Schenectady County to:
- Fully comply with all Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws, rules, regulations and definitive court decisions;
- Guarantee County programs are accessible to all as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Prohibit sexual, racial, national origin, and other unlawful discrimination in employment; and
- Promote the full realization of equal opportunity for the County as a whole and each constituent department within the County.
The Schenectady County Office of Affirmative Action has been established to implement and enforce the County Affirmative Action Plan that will:
- Engage in personnel practices and policies that result in the County government workforce reflecting the demographic diversity of the County;
- Actively recruit members of protected classes for County employment; and
- Strongly enforce Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines in vendor contracts.
Click here to view Schenectady County’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement in PDF format.